Wednesday, July 9, 2008

It's not the destination

So things have gotten into some semblance of a routine. I go to parliament during the week and report on what they yell about, and help out with production for some of the radio shows. I guess I dont have too much exciting stuff to report but for the fourth of july we met up with the NYU program kids to see their palace of a place that has a washer and dryer and computers and costs like 30 grand just for one semester. My cab driver though had no idea where we were trying to go so we ended up just wondering the streets of Osu until we called our group to meet up. We met this stranger on the side of the road, which is a bad idea in general but it seemed to work out. His name was Kelly and he was the nicest. He helped us find our friends and we gave him a pull from our bottle of whiskey (I realize that all of my entries have some form of drinking invovled, but this was the 4th of July so I don't want to here it). Anyway we adventually made it to an X-pat bar called Ryan's in Osu and it was strange to be in a place that looked like the bars back home and I didn't really like it. All the Irish guys were sour and drunk because we were having such a great time celebrating the countries birthday. Anyway I dont have much time I gotta right a story before the news show. An update though on my potential job. Last night I went to the regency cocoanut grove hotel in Accra to met Lankeesha my new boss and he pretty much said that I could do whatever I wanted for the radio station or online newspaper and I could stay at the resort in Elmina and live on the beach. So I think I'm going to be staying in Africa longer than planned. Oh man the people at my work are yelling at each other trying to find me a virgin wife I gotta go. Tomorrow I head to Kumasi and Mole park. Super stoaked, sure to be stories. Go Ducks!

2 comments:

Anti-S said...

Nice work Joshie. Way to build an incredibly cool resume and hang on a beach at the same time. Sounds like Nirvana to me!
Anti-S

name said...

Hi Josh.
We are keeping up to date with your blogs,
Be Safe------ Love Grandma & Poppy